Business professionals deal with information overload on a daily and even hourly basis. Sifting through and prioritizing what is most important can be an arduous task. Engaged team members are looking for ways to constantly improve their value.
In our teambuilding workshops, the facilitators ask participants at the end of each training session is to find ONE thing that they are going to STOP DOING and ONE thing that that are going to START DOING. It is a good place to start since it is not possible to conquer the world each and every day. Here are a few suggestions for things to START or STOP doing……..today:
- STOP Being Afraid Of Making A Mistake – it is better to at least do something, even if it the wrong thing because each failure leading us closer to success.
- START Focusing on What You Want to Happen – a key to most success stories is positive thinking. Try to wake up each morning with the thought that something wonderful is going to happen today.
- STOP Worrying about Everything – nothing comes from worry except agita (heartburn). Make a decision; take an action; explore your options; but do not worry.
- START Being Grateful – Instead of thinking about what you do not have or what you are missing, think about what you have that everyone else is missing. No matter how good or bad it is for you, try to wake up each day thankful for what you have.
- STOP Trying to Make Everything Perfect – Satisfaction does not come from having everything perfect. In fact, perfection is seldom found. Work instead to get things done.
START or STOP doing just one of these today.